The Georgian Bay Biosphere Reserve invites you to attend the State of the Bay Conference being held on November 19, 2019 at the Charles W. Stockey Centre in Parry Sound!
This conference presents the latest research and monitoring findings on water quality, lower food web, and fish communities. The objectives of the conference are to inform the public and partners on the current status of research and monitoring in Georgian Bay; and elicit input on research and monitoring priorities moving forward. The conference is open to the public and will include presentations from a number of speakers, partner profiles, and breakout sessions for facilitated discussions centered around several key themes.
Join us to learn about:
- How climate change impacts water levels, water quality, and ecosystems
- Actions to address climate change and mitigate causes of global warming
- Nutrient level changes in offshore and nearshore environments
- How coastal structure and processes influence nutrient gradients
- How the lower food web is responding to changes in lake productivity
- Status and trends of nearshore and offshore fish communities
Plus, learn about the exciting work that local organizations and First Nations communities are undertaking to improve our knowledge on these topics! Download the complete agenda below.